Saturday, August 23, 2008

the view from next minute...

A month. It has been an entire month since I've been able to actually sit down long enough to complete a posting. Oh, sure, I have several in the works -- and they're good ones -- but there they sit, in the works.

What a month. No, what a week. I learned in the most painful way last week that sometimes you can't go as far ahead as next Tuesday for a better view. Sometimes you can't go farther than the next minute. ...Breathe. Breathe again.

I learned last week that even though it seems like the world should stop and take note of your own particular upheaval, it does not. You wake up the next day and life is still moving, with or without you.

I learned last week that sometimes life is a little less real and a little more like a badly written mini-series than I ever thought possible -- So much so that if I was watching it, I'd be like, "Who wrote this?!"

But I also learned that a few of the people I really really love and have always expected to shine in life are capable of far greater things than I ever imagined. I learned that sometimes the strongest person is the one who should have been the broken one. And I learned that there is always hope in next Tuesday, and that if I can just get there, surely today will not feel quite so achingly painful.

And really, I have hope in next Tuesday because I have hope in Christ. And there it is.

So to those people whom I really really love and are starring in a horribly written mini-series (you know who you are): You make me want to be braver and wiser and funnier and a little bit more like you. Thank you for who you are. And PS. Dang, I love you.

No comments: