Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A House Called Awful End

Ok, so this is not like my usual posting, although I've been laughing to myself over 2 things I plan to blog about soon...I just have to wait til enough time has passed...

But I had to tell you: I grabbed this book at the library the other day, along with its 2 sequels. TheBoy was like, "I don't know what to read!" and I was in the 8-12ish section, and the cover looked like fun, so I was like, "Here, try this one." Well today when I was going to blow dry my hair, I wanted something to read for the 4 minutes that it takes; so since TheBoy has yet to pick it up, I grabbed it and started. It took me about as long to read the first chapter as it did to dry my hair, and I LOVE IT!! Already! It is hilarious!! It was compared to Lemony Snicket, which was fun, but different. Philip Ardagh (the brilliant writer) has yet to take himself seriously. For example: Eddie took a seat across from his aunt. "Put that back!" she said, so he did, and sat down across from her. That's not a direct quote, you get the gist. It's so fun already! I wish I had a coupla hours to just read it all, it's delightful! I'll letcha know how it ends...

More life stuff later...

4 comments:

Trishelle said...

Oh yeah! That sounds like a great book...one I'm sure Sunshine's going to love! Thank you for the scoop!

jennie said...

Dear author of View From Next Tuesday. Are you still alive?

marianne said...

Dear readers of the View from Next Tuesday, If aliveness is based upon blog entries, I'm close to dead. If it is based upon the spectacularness of Halloween costumes, the number of hours spent filling out online applications, and the number of really fun books that you've been reading instead of blogging, I'm very much alive. But I think it's finally time to revive the blog...

Jen said...

Read the book while I was sewing Halloween costumes--guess I should say that I listened to the book. Loved it! Thanks for the recommendation.